– 2 cups of Forbidden Black Rice
– 1 pomegranate, removing and using the seeds.
– ½ bunch coriander
– ½ bunch parsley
– 1 tsp ground cumin, toasted
– 1 tsp ground coriander, toasted
– 1 tsp smoked paprika
– A handful of toasted almonds, roughly chopped
– Skin of a preserved lemon, finely diced
– Juice of a lemon
– 3 Tbsp olive oil
– 100g seasoned Greek yogurt*
– Salt & pepper
* We seasoned our yogurt with a pinch of each ground cumin and coriander as well as salt, pepper and a touch of olive oil
Cook the Forbidden Black Rice as instructed on the pack.
Chop the herbs to roughly the same size as the pomegranate seeds.
In a large bowl fold the herbs, spices, preserved lemon, and the cooked Forbidden Black Rice and mix together. Season well with salt and pepper.
Next add half of the pomegranate, almonds to the rice mixture and dress with the lemon juice and olive oil ensuring all the grains are coated.
Serve this mixture into a dish mounding it as high as possible in the middle. Finish with pomegranate seeds and almonds scattered over the top.
When dishing up onto individual plates serve with a spoonful of the seasoned yogurt.