The Robust Gluten Free Cereal From South India
Originally from West Africa, Kodo Millet is an annual grain that is grown primarily in India, Philippines, Indonesia, and a few other countries. As more and more drawbacks of gluten-laden diet come to the fore, Kodo millet has carved a niche for itself among the health-conscious.
A wonderful substitute for rice and wheat, Kodo Millet contains a high amount of polyphenols and also supplies ample protein, fibre, carbohydrates, and iron.
Kodo Millet may help in reducing diabetes and its complications by reducing fasting blood glucose levels. It has powerful antioxidant properties, thus helps in reducing free radicals, which otherwise cause damage to cells and tissues. Being naturally gluten-free, it's ideal for people with gluten intolerance or celiac disease. The phytonutrients in them - Lignans are known to be pre-biotic fibre which may protect the heart from disease.
With such a vast range of benefits, who can ignore this wonderful superfood? Eat smart, order your pack today!
Multiple Health Benefits
- Gluten-free iron-rich cereal
- Great for bone and muscle health
- May help stabilize blood glucose levels
- Sourced directly from the millet farmers of South India
- No artificial flavours, colours or preservatives added
Kodo millet is a superior cereal now grown in South India. It's very nourishing and offers a host of benefits:
- Kodo Millet is gluten-free and rich in fiber, vitamins and minerals
- Unlike white rice, it provides balanced nutrition
- Usually recommended for people with diabetes, as it contains anti-diabetic compounds like quercetin and others, which reduce fasting blood glucose levels
- Contains polyphenols and antioxidants
- May help with weight loss due to its rich fibre and low-fat content
- Can help prevent the rise in levels of triglyceride
- Beneficial for high cholesterol and hypertension
- May be helpful for postmenopausal women
- Hydrates the colon, thus prevents constipation
- Contains lecithin, good for the nervous system
The more people come to know about Kodo Millet and understand its value, the more they include it in their regular diet.
So order your pack today and enhance your nutrition further.
How to Use
- Cook like rice or pulao
- Can be ground into flour
- Soak overnight with pulses, grind and make dosa & idlis
- Can make kodo millet pongal or khichdi
- Can also make cutlets or burger patties
100% pure raw, naturally grown Kodo Millet