Honey possesses anti-bacterial, anti-fungal, anti-oxidant and antiseptic qualities which makes it one of the most beneficial foods to consume. We all know that honey is a great replacement for sugar and is very healthy when mixed with lemon and warm water or with apple cider vinegar, but, there are A LOT of other superb advantages to this that we are not aware of. Let’s have a look at some of them.
- Strengthens immune system: Because of its high anti-oxidant and medicinal properties, honey is known to help improve your immune system thus making you less prone to diseases and sickness.
- Used for healing wounds: The antiseptic, anti-bacterial and anti-fungal qualities in honey helps heal wounds and destroy the bacteria your skin has been infected with. It is used to soothe and heal wounds and skin injury.
- Helps in sleeping well: It’s an old tradition to mix one or two teaspoons of honey with warm milk and consume it before sleeping! It helps to get a calm and deep sleep. If you are lactose intolerant, you can mix one or two tablespoons of honey in some warm water along with your favorite tea leaves.
- Did you know? Honey doesn’t get spoilt: Raw and high-quality honey has a long long shelf-life. The bees always draw out the excess water and the chemical compound of honey allows it to be free from bacteria.
- A remedy for cough: Honey is one of the most natural and the best home remedy for a dry cough. It soothes the throat and heals it. Just drink a tablespoon of honey and see how the irritation of your throat calms down.
- Aids weight loss: Mike Mcllnes, the nutritionist and an author, says that honey burns fat even while you are sleeping. It is one of the best foods to consume if you are looking at weight loss foods. Have a spoon of honey before sleeping or have it early morning with warm water and see the results.