- 2 cups of Forbidden Black Rice
- 1 pomegranate, removing and using the seeds.
- ½ bunch coriander
- ½ bunch parsley
- 1 tsp ground cumin, toasted
- 1 tsp ground coriander, toasted
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- A handful of toasted almonds, roughly chopped
- Skin of a preserved lemon, finely diced
- Juice of a lemon
- 3 Tbsp olive oil
- 100g seasoned Greek yogurt*
- Salt & pepper
*We seasoned our yogurt with a pinch of each ground cumin and coriander as well as salt, pepper and a touch of olive oil.
- Cook the Forbidden Black Rice as instructed on the pack.
- Chop the herbs to roughly the same size as the pomegranate seeds.
- In a large bowl fold the herbs, spices, preserved lemon, and the cooked Forbidden Black Rice and mix together. Season well with salt and pepper.
- Next add half of the pomegranate, almonds to the rice mixture and dress with the lemon juice and olive oil ensuring all the grains are coated.
- Serve this mixture into a dish mounding it as high as possible in the middle. Finish with pomegranate seeds and almonds scattered over the top.
- When dishing up onto individual plates serve with a spoonful of the seasoned yogurt.