Quinoa - Protein-rich Superfood!
Do you want to remain Slim, Healthy, Young and Active? Then make QUINOA your Superfood.
1. Quinoa is one of the most Protein-rich foods. It is a complete protein containing all nine essential amino acids.
2. Quinoa contains almost twice as much Fiber as most other grains. It helps to prevent heart disease by reducing high blood pressure and diabetes. Fiber lowers cholesterol and glucose levels and may help you to lose weight as it takes a longer time to chew than does other foods because it makes you feel fuller for longer and is less “energy dense” which means it has fewer calories for the same volume of food. Fiber is well known to relieve constipation.
3. Quinoa contains Iron. Iron helps keep our red blood cells healthy and is the basis of hemoglobin formation. Iron carries oxygen from one cell to another and supplies oxygen to our muscles. Iron also increases brain function because the brain takes in about 20% of our blood oxygen. Other benefits of iron include regulation of body temperature, helping enzyme activity and energy metabolism.
4. Quinoa is rich in Magnesium. Magnesium helps to relax blood vessels and thereby to alleviate migraines. Magnesium may reduce Type 2 diabetes by promoting healthy blood sugar control. Magnesium helps the formation of healthy bones and teeth.
5. Quinoa is high in Riboflavin (B2). B2 improves energy metabolism within brain and muscle cells and is known to help create proper energy production in cells.
6. Quinoa has a high content of Manganese. Manganese is an antioxidant, which helps to protect red blood cells and other cells from injury by free radicals.
7. Quinoa contains Lysine. Lysine is mainly essential for tissue growth and repair. Thus, it keeps you young and healthy.