Middle Eastern Inspired Pomegranate & Black Rice Salad
– 2 cups of Forbidden Black Rice
– 1 pomegranate, removing and using the seeds.
– ½ bunch coriander
– ½ bunch parsley
– 1 tsp ground cumin, toasted
– 1 tsp ground coriander, toasted
– 1 tsp smoked paprika
– A handful of toasted almonds, roughly chopped
– Skin of a preserved lemon, finely diced
– Juice of a lemon
– 3 Tbsp olive oil
– 100g seasoned Greek yogurt*
– Salt & pepper
* We seasoned our yogurt with a pinch of each ground cumin and coriander as well as salt, pepper and a touch of olive oil
– Cook the Forbidden Black Rice as instructed on the pack.
– Chop the herbs to roughly the same size as the pomegranate seeds.
– In a large bowl fold the herbs, spices, preserved lemon, and the cooked Forbidden Black Rice and mix together. Season well with salt and pepper.
– Next add half of the pomegranate, almonds to the rice mixture and dress with the lemon juice and olive oil ensuring all the grains are coated.
– Serve this mixture into a dish mounding it as high as possible in the middle. Finish with pomegranate seeds and almonds scattered over the top.
– When dishing up onto individual plates serve with a spoonful of the seasoned yogurt.