“Balance” is a word we hear too often from wise people, our mentors, books and motivational and spiritual speakers and it’s because one element cannot work without the other. Similarly, holistic wellness is all about the balance between your physical, mental and emotional health. Ignoring your mental- emotional health while only concentrating on your physical form will not contribute to your overall growth and wellness. To lead a quality life and reach your optimum health, we need to realize how everything in us is interlinked to each other and that is what we call Wellness. Being healthy, overall, is the key.
This Health Day, let’s be more aware of what is Holistic Wellness and it’s absolute importance in everyone’s life. Talk to your loved ones; share it with everyone you know. Dedicate this day and every other day to spread knowledge about mental, emotional, physical health: people need it. Here is the break-down of the basic elements that define Holistic wellness, for better understanding.
- Emotional Wellness: Looking into your emotional health is very important. Choose to be happy, have a positive outlook and don’t ignore your emotions. Talk to a therapist or your friends/family and deal with situations and your emotions. Step out of any toxic relationships or habits and you will see a difference.
- Physical Wellness: Working out and eating right is not only about building your body to look a specific way or losing weight, it’s about taking care of your body and treating it right. Exercising and eating healthy reflects on your body, skin and mood. You will feel better, fitter, stronger and in return you will be in a better shape and health. Do whatever you like- swimming, gymming, cycling, waking, running or even dancing. Prepare your meals, choose the healthy lifestyle. Keep your body moving to keep the energy going.
- Mental Wellness: This element is the most important, specially because people refuse to address or talk about it. Mental health is as or even more important than anything else. Just how you go to a doctor when you don’t feel well, you need to seek help for any issues like depression, anxiety and such. Reach out to people ad friends/family who you think need help, spread awareness, go to a therapist, do things you love, cut out people who you feel aren’t good for you, from your life, lead a healthier lifestyle, talk to someone- ANYTHING. It’s time we take our mental health seriously. Seek help and help others.
- Spiritual Wellness: Giving yourself time and attention should be a part of your routine. Meditate, take some time off, read books which help you grow. Believe in yourself and your talent and do things that are help you relax. Spiritualism helps you discover yourself, your faith and belief. Practice.
- Social Wellness: Social wellness is all about surrounding yourself with people who are important to you, who help you grow, who have a positive influence in your life and those who motivate you. Cut out toxic people from your life- they will never allow you to reach your best.This World Health Day, Let’s promise to take better care of ourselves and make our wellness our priority.
Reach out to people who need help and guidance, eat cleaner food, move around more, look into our emotions, meditate, reflect, smile more often and have a positive outlook. Remember, align your mind, body and spirit for a holistic approach towards life.